Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ooops, I did it again.

Yes, I signed up for another Team In Training event. This time it's a century bike ride called America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride. A century bike ride is 100 miles, but really, when I looked at the training schedule, our ride is 109 miles. Ok, ok...9 miles really doesn't seem like a whole lot, unless there are 100 more in front of them! Yeesh!

So this event has a more intense training schedule (all day every Saturday) and various days throughout the week with 1 rest day each week. Yeah... I know. Just a warning to those involved in my social life, as of today, I don't have one.

Today was our "Bike Expo" where we learn all about bikes. How to change a flat (not looking forward to using that knowledge), what type of clothes to wear (need those padded shorts!), nutrition, all the extra tools I need, etc. My biggest fear (that was non-existent until I heard about it) is falling from using the clip pedals. Those are the pedals that clip to the bottom of your shoe to maximize your energy. Problem is, newbies (like me) tend to get stuck in them the first few times because they're not used to them. Great...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the adventure (and the rockin' body at the end of this - hello 10 yr reunion!) and all it entails. I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home